Saturday, November 18, 2006

Last week (and weekend? what day is it today? is it daytime?) were filled with 4 1/2 days of coming up with a theme for our final projects and publication. Our publication will be about self-determination. We almost went with the theme of "legitimacy" instead, which I hated for the very legitimate reasons that it makes no sense and is stupid. It was excruciating. And I almost flipped out being trapped in the office for 10+ hours every day. It was bad. But I'm excited about what we've come up with, and I'm doing a final project about human rights and self-determination. The National Human Rights Commission in Thailand has recognized "participation in natural resource management" as a human right, or more accurately, a community right. It is interesting to try to explore if it's a viable idea in other places. And I can finally plan my own schedule, thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home